In2Skills – Team Leader
This job will play a key role in contributing to the UK Government’s ‘economic recovery’ strategy announced by the Chancellor of the Exchequer on 8th July 2020.
As part of the expansion to the existing Work and Health Programme (WHP_JETS), which provides tailored employment support services to individuals, this role will ensure a targeted employment scheme is available to those individuals who have recently been made unemployed as a result of the devastating impact of Covid-19.
The scheme will address the barriers to gaining alternative employment with tailored support to enable individuals to achieve and sustain new employment.
Lead this scheme in a specific Geographical area, to achieve all performance and quality targets for that area.
Be an exemplar leader of a team of employment advisers, applying a range of management skills to optimise positive impact to the participants of the scheme.
Be proud to be part of the recovery.
- Meet, and strive to exceed, personal performance targets (Key Performance Indicators).
- Lead, inspire, motivate and coach a team of Employment Advisers to achieve the team and individual targets.
- Drive a high-performance culture in line with In2Skills’ vision and values.
- Facilitate high frequency engagement activities with the team you are leading, via daily huddle calls, weekly reviews, monthly team meetings and monthly caseload reviews.
- Attend relevant meetings, such as ‘JCP Local Engagement Meetings’ to promote programme awareness and encourage appropriate referrals’.
- Deliver a positive experience to all customers participating in the scheme, ensuring they positively engage with the service.
- Ensure the scheme has a range of progressive activities and techniques, consistently deployed, for customers to benefit from.
- Ensure the Customer Service Standards required for the scheme are achieved by the team you are leading, take correct actions to address any under-performance.
- Adopt a continuous improvement mindset to all team activities, thus enhancing the service to our customers.
- Fully understand the regional labour market, including identification of emerging sectors and opportunities for the customer base to benefit from.
- Develop relationships with key stakeholders to maximise job opportunities, i.e. federation of small businesses, chamber of commerce, JCP partnership managers
- Ensure all relevant evidence requirements are met to verify job starts.
- Undertake direct marketing to employers using digital media e.g. email, LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter etc.
- Deputise for the Operations Manager at internal and external meetings, and other events as required.
- Where required, provide appropriate training/guidance to team members to help them master digital technologies.
- Maintain hard copy and system-held customer records to the required compliance and quality standards.
- Develop an understanding of specialist signposting services in the local area/region, building knowledge in areas such as specific disabilities, housing, benefits etc. Knowledge to be applied where appropriate during caseload management.
- Ensures best practice is adhered to and championed.
- Is prepared to work flexibly to meet the needs of the project, including any necessary travel and overnight stays.
- Accountable for own professional development and undertake necessary training as identified in the Performance Review process.
- To handle personal data in accordance with the organisation’s data protection policy.
- Actively participate in, and promote Prevent and the safeguarding of children, young people and vulnerable adults.
- Adhere to the company’s policies and procedures always, including Safeguarding, Equal Opportunities, Quality, Health and Safety and IT.
- To undertake any other duties, as required, appropriate to the post
In2Skills is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff to share and uphold this commitment in conjunction with the requirements of the Prevent Duty and the positive promotion of modern British values.
Qualifications & Experience
- Previous leadership/management experience
- A good working knowledge of the local labour market in the advertised geographical locations (roles will generally cover the scheme across a County area)
- GCSE or equivalent in English and Maths at Grade C or above
- Fully IT literate in using a range of Microsoft Office programmes to include 365 products and modern digital technologies, i.e. Microsoft Teams and Skype for Business
- Experience of working in a target driven environment.
- Experience of delivering services to meet contractual and quality standards.
- Knowledge of the employability industry
Knowledge of the recruitment industry
- Experience of working with people in ‘advice & guidance’ environments.
- Full driving licence to enable deployment across a specified geographical area (region), when required
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work independently.
- Capability to work under pressure, without day to day supervision.
- High level of initiative and motivation with the ability to seek out solutions to problems.
- Confidence to challenge customers in relation to behaviours and attitudes towards gaining employment.
- Competent and confident to engage with your team via a range of innovative ways, including use of modern digital technologies.
- Ability to carry out the duties of the job with reasonable adjustments when necessary.
- Capability to review evaluate caseload success and identify areas of improvement.
- Accountable for own professional development and to undertake necessary training as identified in the Performance Review process
- Prepared to work flexibly to meet the needs of the role, including any necessary travel across a regional area.
- Will to Succeed
- Customer Focus
- Managing Performance
- Developing Others
- Persuading and Influencing Others